The game of pool can only be started if you set up the balls in a proper way. There are many different variants of the pool, and each one has its own style of racking the balls. No matter, which style you play, you can set the balls without having a rack. This equip is manufactured using metal, plastic or wood. The most common type of rack is the one that has a triangular shape as it assists the players to manipulate the balls for all types of pool versions.
In this post, we will tell you the method to rack balls in different pool variants in detail. Your job is to check each one clearly & then follow the instructions carefully. Before starting this if you have aiming problem read this guide about aim in pool
How to Rack in the straight pool?
In a straight pool, there are 15 balls that are arranged in the rack. Here, you have to check the following instructions:
- Firstly, put the rack on the table and then place all the balls in the random position. You need to ensure that all 15 balls are in the rack.
- Now, there is a need to identify the right position of the rack so that the first ball can be placed on the top in the foot spot.
- In this step, you have to position the empty rack in the resting position on the foot spot provided on the table after the remaining balls are knocked in the pockets to ensure the last ball falls within it or not.
- You have to rack the 14 balls without the last one. The top position needs to stay open if the last ball doesn’t fit in the rack. Follow this pattern until one of the players reached the winning points.
How to rack the balls in ten ball pool?
This version is also very popular among the pool lovers. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps for racking the ten ball pool:
- Pick up the rack and position it on the pool table and place each ball numerically starting from 1 to 10 in a random & triangular pattern. There will four rows in the rack.
- Now, a ball needs to be moved to the first position in the rack, whereas the 10th ball should be moved to the middle position located in the 3rd
- In this step, you have to put the rack to the table to ensure one ball stay on foot spot.
In this type of pool, we suggest you keep the rack in the tightest possible position. There is a complete chance that additional space will leave in the rack while racking the ball. Please make sure the balls are positioned properly.
How to rack the balls in nine balls pool?
If you are looking to play a nine-ball pool, then you have to follow the below mentioned instructions carefully:
- As we all know, the triangle rack needs to be positioned on the table. After that, you have to position the balls numerically from 1 to 9 under the boundary of the triangle. The balls need to be positioned randomly splitting among the five rows. You will see that a diamond form by these balls.
- There will only be one ball in 1st and 5th row, whereas the 2nd & 4th row will have two balls each. On the other hand, there will be three balls in the third row.
- The top of the triangle should have the first ball, whereas the third row has the ninth ball. You can place the other balls randomly.
- It is the last step where the rack needs to be positioned in such a way that the top of the foot spot has the 1st ball.
How to rack the balls in eight balls pool?
If you are a lover of 8 balls pool, then you have to check out the steps mentioned below in detail below:
- You have to pick up the triangle rack and place it on the pool table. After that, all 15 balls need to be set within the triangle randomly.
- In this step, there is a need to arrange the balls in such a way that one solid colored ball and one striped ball located in the corners of the last row in the rack.
- The third row in the rack should have eight balls in the middle. On the other hand, the remaining balls need to be set randomly followed that.
- Here, the rack needs to be slide over the poker table in such a way that first row should situate on foot spot’s top. It is considered as light spot acting as a guide for rack positioning.
How can snooker balls be racked?
As we all know, the snooker is played on the bigger tables when compared with pool. To rack the snooker tables, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Firstly, you need to keep all the red balls within the triangle.
- The triangle needs to be moving until the pink spot gets hit. On the other hand, the pink ball should be located at the triangle’s nose.
- You need to ensure that the red balls don’t have any kind of gaps between them.
- In this step, you have to remove the rack from the balls along with dropping the pink ball in the position. It is important that the cloth shouldn’t tear off while lifting the rack and that’s why it should be racking up gently.
That’s all; we believe that you have all the important information regarding the process to rack the balls while playing pool. You should make sure that the balls are packed tightly while arranging for them. Do you still have a question in your mind regarding the racking process? If yes, then share it in the comment section as our team will understand your concern and respond with the best possible solution.
Leave a Reply